Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Enchiladas

I take turns making dinner with Kimball's mom and sister, so when we make dinner we make it for 2 other families. Tuesday is my day to make dinner and I made enchiladas. They are simple and so delicious. I try to cook with whole foods and when I buy something processed I want to be able to know what all the ingredients are.





Ingredients:
1 or 2 cans La Victoria Enchilada Sauce (32 oz. cans)
12-16 Tortillas ( I buy Costco's uncooked tortillas)
2 cups Beans (I like black beans. I soak them the night before. You could use canned)
1 cup Corn, fresh or frozen
2 cups cooked Rice ( I like Basmati)

Cheese, optional
Sour Cream, optional ( I like Daisy brand)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover bottom of 9x13 pan.
Cook Tortillas (if their uncooked).
Cook your beans and rice.
Mix beans, corn, rice, and 1/2 of the Enchilada Sauce. Reserve the other 1/2 to pour over the top.
Fill tortillas with mixture. Roll and place fold side down in the pan.
Cover with remainder of enchilada sauce.
Cover with cheese if you desire.
Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: