Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mamma, I peed!

Yep....On my bed....On my pillow...I was still sleeping...I admire parents that never let kids in the bed! I haven't begun potty training yet. His diaper was just full! Good times! Happy Monday!

Here is a very, very delicious sugar cookie recipe! They are always soft and fluffy (I think it's the sour cream that does it). Anyway, I frost them with cream cheese frosting. Yum! I don't have a picture because then I would have to make them, and then I would have to eat them. All of them because Kimball is out of town...

Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt

-Cream butter and sugar together. Then add vanilla, egg, and sour cream. Continue to mix until smooth.
-Add soda, salt, and half of the flour. Stir into above mixture and then slowly stir in remaining flour.
-Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
-Place on buttered cookie sheet (I use a stone) and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375° (My first couple of batches take around 12 minutes on the stone).

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

-Cream the softened cream cheese: blend with butter.
-Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat well.

No comments: